I had hoped to crank out Project Chadwick posts about once a week but as you can tell that hasn’t happened. One of the reasons is I was a little too ambitious writing them in four different languages especially since I’m learning the languages as I go (except for ruby). Plus I’ve been working on a few side projects that have taken more time than I had anticipated. So, what I’ve decided to do is to continue with the series using only two languages F# and Clojure.
Why these two languages?
Basically, I’ve become very curious about functional languages so why not use this series as a starting point. One of the reasons I’m staying with F# is it as a CLR based language which means that I may be able use it in future projects at my day job. I’m replacing Erlang with Clojure simply because I went to a Raleigh.rb, the local ruby meetup group, meeting where they had talk on Clojure. The speaker made Clojure sound fun so I thought I’d give it a try. I will be using the port of Clojure that runs on the CLR simply for ease of development for me.
I will be adding a few more problems to the Problems Page in addition to going back to the beginning and writing solutions in Clojure. I’m looking forward to delving into the world of Clojure and functional programming in general.